The best prof meetings for teaching?

Thomas Bjorkman tnb1 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 24 14:00:45 EST 1999

I have a talented new PhD student with a strong interest in ultimately
getting faculty position emphasizing teaching, probably at an
undergraduate institution. With this in mind, I'd like to have her attend
professional meetings where she will make the most valuable contacts for
the job search. I would like to hear your recommendations!

I usuaIly attend Plant Physiology (abstracts due Monday!), but the
Botanical Society of America looks good also. Her work is in plant
physiology with a soupcon of agriculture and a dash of systematics.

Thanks for your help
--
Thomas Björkman
Dept. of Horticultural Sciences