ASPP the best prof meetings for teaching?

Susan Singer ssinger at CARLETON.EDU
Fri Feb 26 16:11:13 EST 1999

David,
  There is one in press as we speak.  Perhaps you should speak with Maarten
Chrispeels, the editor of Plant Physiology.  We worked long and hard to
make sure that high quality educational scholarship would be published in
Plant Physiology and Maarten is 100% behind this.
Susan
>ASPP may have more to offer teachers at their expensive annual meetings
>but their refereed journal, Plant Physiology, is clearly not teaching
>friendly. The ASPP website http://www.aspp.org/ lists the Instructions
>for Contributors which restricts contributions to Plant Physiology to
>research papers, i.e.
>
>"Plant Physiology is an international journal open to papers of merit
>dealing with all phases of experimental plant biology. Each manuscript
>submitted to Plant Physiology must be an original research report that
>has not been submitted elsewhere ..."
>
>To my knowledge there has never been a teaching article in Plant
>Physiology.
>
>It would be nice if ASPP at least put all the ASPP teaching abstracts on
>their website and gave the authors an opportunity to put their
>poster/manuscript online as well. It would also be nice if all the past
>Education Forum's from the ASPP Newsletter were on the website because
>few libraries carry it.
>
>David R. Hershey
>dh321 at bellatlantic.net

Susan Rundell Singer
Professor                                       Phone:  507-646-4391
Department of Biology                           Fax:    507-646-5757
Carleton College                                E-mail: ssinger at carleton.edu
Northfield, MN 55057