The best prof meetings for teaching?

Scott D. Russell srussell at ou.edu
Fri Feb 26 17:48:43 EST 1999

Further Gary's comments, a TOC of Gordon Uno's "Handbook on Teaching
Undergraduate Science Courses: A Survival Training Manual" is available on
the Web. The URL is:

http://www.ou.edu/cas/botany-micro/faculty/uno-book.shtml

The full text of the book will be available from Saunders College Publishing
(details are on the webpage).

One site on the web that would be worth looking at is "How to Get a Teaching
Job at a Primarily Undergraduate Institution" by Malcolm Campbell, Davidson
College.  This is on the FASEB server at URL:

http://www.faseb.org/ascb/commit/teach.htm

It is too bad that these type of resources are not easier to find on the Web.
-Scott Russell

Scott D. Russell                     Internet:  srussell at ou.edu
Dept of Botany & Microbiology      ->http://www.ou.edu/cas/botany-micro/
 & Noble Electron Microscopy Lab   >http://www.ou.edu/research/electron/
University of Oklahoma, Norman OK    Phone:  1-405-325-6234
 73019-0245   USA                    FAX:    1-405-325-7619