The Big Five of Trees

Marco Bleeker mbleeker at
Fri Jan 1 09:56:38 EST 1999

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:25:24 +0200, "TIENIE STANDER"
<mondfer at> wrote:

>Hoe about joining me in trying to choose the five most impressive trees in
>Southern Africa

Hello Tienie, I don't know as much about South African plants as I
would like, but I suppose the Baobap should be part of your selection.
And how about the 'old man of the desert' or 'Plant-Mens' Pachypodium
namaquensis. Doesn't look much like a tree, OK, perhaps in this
catechory Aloe dichotoma would have a better score...

Do you know these SA web sites?

Success, Marco
Marco Bleeker, Amsterdam ---nl-en-(fr-de)-- mbleeker at
Botanic Diversity Pages -
Rainforest Medical -------------