Where to find quillworts, Isoetacea?

Nancy Harrison vulpia at sonic.net
Sun Jan 17 09:12:22 EST 1999

Here in N Calif, Quillworts are found on vernal pool borders - yes
they like moist, but not totally wet, habitats. Vernal pools are
seasonal wetlands (winter/spring only) in Mediterranean climates
like Calif. So maybe Georgia has some sort of "seasonal wetland"
situation, and you could look there. Areas flooded part of the
year, that then dry out? Borders of your big marshes?
  Good luck! I was thrilled when I first found Isoetes, and was
able to dissect a specimen and see the microspores/megaspores!
It's pickled in our Botany lab. - NH

In article <36a2da40.1484286 at news.gatech.edu>, spam.spam at spam.spam.com
says...

--
---Nancy Harrison, SRJC Life Sciences, Santa Rosa CA 95401
   http://www.sonic.net/~vulpia/index.html (with link to CNPS in Sonoma