Removal tips needed for BAMBOO

Chuck In VA BEACH VA vabeach24 at aol.com
Thu Jul 1 23:55:48 EST 1999

Help!  In search of removal tips for bamboo!

Ok heres my parents situation:

       They had a patch of Bamboo in my back yard  (all mesurments est)  5-6
feet wide and 50-60 feet long and at least 15-25 feet high.  All stalks have
now been removed (BY ME!) Down to the ground or at least to about 2" stubs.
Man was that fun cause this is was a very thick patch! (We're renting property)
Owners had used as a privicy fence and it was very very dense(before I cut it
down there was a hell of a lot of field mice and other critters living there,
we even found old birds nest up in the shoots). And shoots were at least 1 1/2"
round.  Ok,  I've tried every thing from trying to piece by piece dig it up and
cut it out!  (no good)  recently we've tried RoundUP brush clear mixed with
other brush clearing chemicals.(three weeks ago) It did kill off some of the
new growth (green buschs) but it hasnt stoped it!
        I'm searching for some help!  (if you have any TNT please mail and i
will try that!)  Other than being told to dig it out down to 3-4 feet deep and
fill hole with concrete what else can i do!??!?!?!?!?  I'm willing to work hard
but I need a direction to go! (besides crazy!)

            Ok so any help is greatly thanked!

                            Thanks alot in advance!

   Chuck Hardy
   VA Beach VA

   vabeach24 at aol.com

  ps

  send your tips soon!  Its just getting hotter and hotter here!  THANKS!  =-)

Chuck in VA BEACH VA
vabeach24 at aol.com
vabeach24 at netzero.net
vabeach24 at go.com

send it to one I'm sure I'll get it!  =-)