White Powdery Mildew

e.t. emt1 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 4 10:25:58 EST 1999

Tom, these plants are in plastic pots, aren't they?  If not, are they in a
humid location?  I know African Violets prefer the humidity...This is a
common occurance with moisture buildup in the soil.  The only thing I've
found so far is to lessen watering or move the plant to a less humid
location.  The ferns and African violets will not like this at first.  If
they are in plastic pots, try transplanting to clay pots first.  Not ceramic
unless they are only glazed on the outside.

I too am battling this problem, and if I come up with anything good, I'll
let you know!  e.t.

news:3761473A.DD005401 at erols.com...