venus Fly trap

Steve Hinkson sphinkson at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 6 18:20:43 EST 1999

Andy:
Perhaps your querry would be better dirrected to ; bionet.plants.
Your plant should be potted in a acid medium, that has an open texture.  One way
to accomplish that is a 50-50 mix of small lava rock and peat.  Sphaginum works
well
by itself.  The little plastic cup lid was to keep the humidity high while the
plant was in an air-conditioned store.  The plant will grow well in a warm humid
sunny place, until fall.  Then you must let the leaves die back and subject it
to temps just above freezing for a couple of months.
Lastly, use only rainwater, or distilled water on the plant (they're sensitive
to desolved salts),  If you keep it in a pot, rather thana terrarium, set it in
a saucer of pure water for the entire growing season.
Steve