plants and people labs

Steve Hinkson sphinkson at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 6 18:37:30 EST 1999

Simple grafting.  Bud grafting and cactus grafting are both useful in real
life, and can be taught in less than an hour. Most students can afford a non
patent potted rose for the bud grafting, and you may supply a scion.  The lab
will yield rose bushes that produce two different flowers, and the students
will have a mature bud graft to see at the base of their stock, since almost
all modern roses are propagated that way (except miniatures)
Steve