was team teaching; now FACTS?

Kathleen Brunkard brunkard at esu.edu
Thu Jul 15 11:38:46 EST 1999

Scott,  I used Canny's model in a discussion of xylem transport in my
Plant Physiology course last fall, after first introducing a more
traditional view.  My students were absolutely enthused, and ending up
debating among themselves whether or not Canny could be right.  It was
interesting to note the difference between those who had reasons they
could state clearly for why they disagreed with the Canny model, and those
who disagreed only because they had heard the other explanation first and
were no longer willing to accept a new explanation.

                             Kathleen Brunkard, Ph.D.
                         Biological Sciences Department
                           East Stroudsburg University
                           East Stroudsburg, PA   18301