fungi

mystic mystic at lcc.net
Sat Jul 24 18:30:27 EST 1999

Hi,
Any mycologists out there?  Found a strange fungi in my yard.  Looks for
all the world like an acetabularia, though I know it's not.  Is some
sort of basidiomycotina, but very simplistic.  Simple stipe, no annulus,
no cup, no scales, no hint of a universal veil.  Cap is, well, for lack
of a better description, 'pleated', like the cap of acetabularia.
Slightly cup-shaped at maturity, and very thin.  Pretty thing.
Dangerous?  Capable of widespread destruction of surrounding plants?

Appleman