flowering peaks

Monique Reed monique at bio.tamu.edu
Wed Jun 9 08:56:19 EST 1999

I can answer for Central Texas.  There are definite peaks in flowering.
We have one big, glorious rush of spring-flowering plants in March and
April.  There is another, smaller "boom" about October when we pick up
the fall-flowering species.  There is a small hump in late May and early
June when the early-summer things get going.  Another "hump" in the
calendar occurs in late Dec.-Jan.-early Feb. when the winter annuals
flower.  July, August, September, late November, and December are (by
comparison) rather barren.

M. Reed