Peppermint

Rose E. Morin himmies at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 20 02:16:03 EST 1999

Hi Rita,
I think what you have are spider mites, if not... I've always gotten rid of
them the same way I was once told to get rid of spider mites. I make a
mixture of dishwashing soap and water, put it in a spray bottle and spray
the leaves heavily then put the plant in a sunny spot. After the insects are
all dead and gone (you might want to spray the plant down several times,
alternating between straight water to get rid of the dead bugs and the soap
mixture) and you are ready to use them to cook with you should be able to
just simply wash the leaves in water to get rid of any soap residue. Hope
this helps somewhat.

      Rose

Princess Dolphin, Rita ^_^~~* <ritaho at hknet.com> wrote in message
news:3763ef23 at ruby.hknet.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have a pot of peppermint, which has many many tiny white insects on its
> leaves (they can fly and like to stay on the leaves' back).  How can I
kill
> all of them?  Is there anything that can kill the insects without harming
> the plant and also human?  Because I want to use the mint leaves for
cooking
> and garnishing cakes.  Any good idea?  I am not good at gardening...
Thank