team teaching

Jon Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Tue Jun 22 16:09:11 EST 1999

Plant-eders,

Sorry if this comes to you twice, the first one I sent bounced back to me.

We are contemplating a major change in our curriculum which will
probably involve going from taxon-based first year courses (Botany
and Zoology) to process-based courses (e.g. Structure and Function of
Organisms, Evolution and Ecology...).  In order to represent all taxa
in some of these courses it may be best to teach them as teams but
this can create problems for students.  Can anyone share their
thoughts how they solved those problems?

Thanks.

Jon

  Jonathan D. Monroe           Associate Professor
  Department of Biology       office: 540-568-6649
  MSC 7801                       lab: 540-568-6045
  James Madison University       fax: 540-568-3333
  Harrisonburg, VA 22807   email: monroejd at jmu.edu
  http://csm.jmu.edu/biology/monroejd/jmonroe.html