team teaching courses

Jon Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Tue Jun 22 16:46:48 EST 1999

Plant-eders,

Well it seems we're in the June to August time when there are fewer
legitimate postings to Plant-ed...  Maybe a curriculum conversation
will help us to ignore the spam!

We are contemplating a major change (the first in countless years)
which will probably involve going from taxon-based first year courses
(Botany and Zoology) to process-based courses (e.g Structure and
Function of Organisms, Evolution and Ecology...).  In order to
represent all taxa in these courses it may be necessary to teach them
as teams but that can create problems for students.  Can anyone share
how they solved those problems?

Thanks.

Jon

  Jonathan D. Monroe           Associate Professor
  Department of Biology       office: 540-568-6649
  MSC 7801                       lab: 540-568-6045
  James Madison University       fax: 540-568-3333
  Harrisonburg, VA 22807   email: monroejd at jmu.edu
  http://csm.jmu.edu/biology/monroejd/jmonroe.html