Team Teaching: Part 1 of 4

Bernadette Roche BRoche at LOYOLA.EDU
Thu Jun 24 14:00:36 EST 1999

I am writing this in four parts to see if it can get through...have tried several times but perhaps it is too long?

In response to Jon's question about team teaching when making the shift from Taxon approach to Introductory Level Biology to Process Approach (Ecology/Evolution; Structure and Function of Organisms; etc.), we made a similar change at Loyola College two years ago (just completed the second year of successfully using this approach.  Our courses (one semester each) are:
Organismal
Cell and Molecular
Ecology, Evolution, and Diversity.