microscopes

Robin Bingham rbingham at WESTERN.EDU
Wed Jun 30 11:39:08 EST 1999

Dear list members,

We are ordering new dissecting microscopes for use primarily in plant
systematics and general botany. One model that looks fairly good is made by
Southern Precision Instrument (SPI), their 1880 series. Is anyone out there
familiar with this company and these microscopes? Are you happy with the
quality of the scopes as well as the warranty and service provided by the
company. Any other comments or input regarding good dissecting microscopes
for classroom use would be greatly appreciated. Also any information about
specifications that (having not ordered microscopes before) I might
overlook would also be helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Robin Bingham
Assistant Professor of Biology