botany books: beginning biology

John Bohmfalk jbohmfal at hastings.edu
Tue Mar 2 12:18:37 EST 1999

Bob,

Mark Plotkin was on our campus yesterday.  You might consider including
"The Shaman's Apprentice" by him in your list.

John

> We are developing a new freshman-level course called "Intro to Biology".
> It will be used to introduce biology majors to their chosen field in a
> number of ways, from basic study skills to some potential options upon
> graduation.  We are collecting a list of books that may be used in the
> course.   I am asking the collective wisdom of the Plant Ed newsgroup to
> provide me with good botanical titles (as you can see, our virologist
> has offered quite a selection of tomes on infectous diseases).  Any
> ideas?
>
> Bob

John F. Bohmfalk                                        jbohmfal at hastings.edu
Associate Professor of Biology                          (402) 461-7470
Biology Department                                      FAX:  (402) 461-7463
Hastings College
Hastings, NE  68901