Effect of continuous lighting on plant growth

Carmen Chan carmen at iastate.edu
Tue Mar 16 23:52:57 EST 1999

        Right now I have Spring and Winter wheat varieties growing in
growth chambers at a 16h-day/8h-night cycle at 20C and 70% r.h.. I'm
considering switching to a 24h-day continuous lighting cycle to see if
that can speed up the growth of the plants. Does anyone know if that
would work, and, if possible, point me to a literature reference? Thanks
in advance.

(I'm using my girlfriend's account to post, so please don't reply

Suet-Ying C Chan
carmen at iastate.edu
Department of Community and Regional Planning
       /     \