sterililty in seeds.

Cynthia M. Galloway kfcmg00 at
Sat Nov 13 15:34:58 EST 1999

I think what you are referring to are crop plants that have been genetically
engineered to have a "terminator" gene which renders the seed sterile at the
end of development.  This guarantees that new seed must be purchased each year.
 Seed cannot be held-over for the next year.  For more information, search the
web for "terminator gene".