botany text

HBREID at aol.com HBREID at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 17:15:11 EST 1999

I used Raven for many years and switched to 1st ed. of Moore mostly for fresh
ideas.
I read the book cover to cover this summer and enjoyed the exercise. Found a
number of things that should be corrected - mentioned a few to authors who
said they were aware. I requested a list of corrections to accompany 2nd ed
but never received.

Ross Konig http://koning.ecsu.ctstateu.edu/Plant_Biology/schedule.html has
interesting comments on many chapters.

I find students say pictures of Raven help more with lab in some of the root
/stem / leaf labs -- but I plan to ask students to purchase one of the visual
lab help books.

If there is a 3rd ed with corrections etc. I would consider Moore again.
Otherwise
I plan to look for another text next year, again just for the change.

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
 Before you buy.