Angiospersms

Lee Hadden hadden at WINGATE.EDU
Sun Nov 21 16:03:55 EST 1999

--------------DE97293B66A0E9253DB537CC

I'll stick my neck out and respond to this.  From what I remember from
years ago, but admittedly not having had enough time to keep current
about this recently, the problem isn't so much when, but where
Angiosperms originated.  The higher and more mountainous habitats where,
as I recall, Angiosperms first originated were not places conducive to
sedimentation and fossilization.   I'd be glad for a more detailed and
authoritative response, and correction if necessary, from someone more
specialized in this area of biology, but I seem to remember that that
was the reason at one time [but dinosaurs were cold blooded creatures
then too!].

Lee Hadden
--
MZ

--------------DE97293B66A0E9253DB537CC

begin:vcard
n:Hadden;E. Lee
tel;fax:704-233-8192
tel;home:704-233-4816
tel;work:704-233-8238
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.wingate.edu
org:Wingate University;Department of Biology
adr:;;Campus Box 3004;Wingate;NC;28174;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:hadden at wingate.edu
title:Professor and Chair
fn:Dr. E. Lee Hadden