aquaporins

Steve Hinkson sphinkson at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 8 06:07:02 EST 1999

*grin*
Of course plants actively transport water, or they'd all have to live in
"osmotic heaven"
and never be any taller than water column cohesiveness and / or capillary
action could explain.
Most, however, do not.
There are dozens of ways plants control water and ion concentrations.
Steve

--
Drop by and see me at :
 http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/6811