Fw: children's gardening (an investment into the future of earth)

Jason Walker jasonwalker at BBG.ORG
Wed Oct 13 14:03:42 EST 1999

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01BF1585.BD8F9300

this is jason walker. i am the kinderGARDEN coordinator at brooklyn =
botanic garden's children's garden. i would be interested in seeing what
types of programs that other organizations are involved concerning =
children's gardening.  i would be especially interested in seeing what
types of curriculuum that have been established. =20
=20
i like to consider teaching children about gardening as an investment in =
our
future. not simply to get children to become future gardeners.  but to =
teach
them the intricacies of nature in order to give them a respect for our
bleeding earth.  i pray that our future generations will fully realize
sooner than later that we have to be very conscience of our actions so =
as
not to disproportionately unbalance our ecosystem to such a degree that =
end
up killing ourselves in the process.

i feel that the matter is very urgent.  and i feel the best way to
counteract our forefather's follies is to teach our children to respect =
the
earth and all its inhabitants. to not only think of one's own self. but =
realize that we are only a minute part a process that has been going on =
for
at least 4.6 billion years.

my goal is to get as many involved in this as i possibly can. because =
this
is bigger than you or i. and how i plan to do this is to use the most
current technology to spread the word across the globe and get as many
people fired up as i am.=20
=20
the way i plan to do this is by establishing some
sort of common ground for discussion. i haven't established the best way =
do this. i am taking any suggestions available.  can we establish a =
newsgroup (bionet.gardening.eduation.children)  is that the best way.  =
how do we make this information available to anyone who wants it. that =
is what i ask you.
=20
 in order to save the world
it takes a world wide effort.  and i truly believe that there is the =
energy and the money there to make the difference. but like i say. it =
all starts with the
children. they are the ones who will best be able to understand the =
problem.
and who will also be able to inact a solution.

thanks again for giving this effort your time and efforts,

jason walker

brooklyn botanic garden
1000 washington ave
brooklyn, ny 11225
718-623-7293
jasonwalker at bbg.org

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01BF1585.BD8F9300

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>this is jason walker. i am the =
kinderGARDEN=20
coordinator at brooklyn botanic garden's children's garden. i would be=20
interested in seeing what<BR>types of programs that other =
organizations&nbsp;are=20
involved concerning children's gardening.&nbsp; i would be especially =
interested=20
in seeing what<BR>types of curriculuum that have been established.&nbsp; =

</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i like to consider teaching children =
about=20
gardening as an investment in our<BR>future. not simply to get children =
to=20
become future gardeners.&nbsp; but to teach<BR>them the intricacies of =
nature in=20
order to give them a respect for our<BR>bleeding earth.&nbsp; i pray =
that our=20
future generations will fully realize<BR>sooner than later that we have =
to be=20
very conscience of our actions so as<BR>not to disproportionately =
unbalance our=20
ecosystem to such a degree that end<BR>up killing ourselves in the=20
process.<BR><BR>i feel that the matter is very urgent.&nbsp; and i feel =
the best=20
way to<BR>counteract our forefather's follies is to teach our children =
to=20
respect the<BR>earth and all its inhabitants. to not only think of one's =
own=20
self. but to<BR>realize that we are only a minute part a process that =
has been=20
going on for<BR>at least 4.6 billion years.<BR><BR>my goal is to get as =
many=20
involved in this as i possibly can. because this<BR>is bigger than you =
or i. and=20
how i plan to do this is to use the most<BR>current technology to spread =
the=20
word across the globe and get as many<BR>people fired up as i am. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>the way i plan to do this is by =
establishing=20
some<BR>sort of common ground for discussion. i haven't established the =
best way=20
to<BR>do this. i am taking any suggestions available.&nbsp; can we =
establish a=20
newsgroup (bionet.gardening.eduation.children)&nbsp; is that the best =
way.&nbsp;=20
how do we make this information available to anyone who wants it. that =
is what i=20
ask you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;in order to save the world<BR>it =
takes a=20
world wide effort.&nbsp; and i truly believe that there is the energy =
and the=20
money there to make the difference. but like i say. it all starts with=20
the<BR>children. they are the ones who will best be able to understand =
the=20
problem.<BR>and who will also be able to inact a solution.<BR><BR>thanks =
again=20
for giving this effort your time and efforts,<BR></DIV></FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>jason walker<BR></DIV></FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>brooklyn botanic garden<BR>1000 =
washington=20
ave<BR>brooklyn, ny 11225<BR>718-623-7293<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:jasonwalker at bbg.org">jasonwalker at bbg.org</A><BR><BR></DIV>=
</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01BF1585.BD8F9300--