Pollen and gamete nomenclature

Kathleen Archer Kathleen.Archer at trincoll.edu
Thu Sep 2 15:57:07 EST 1999

I'm not a morphologist, but I think the correct name for pollen is immature
male gametophyte.  It is the life stage that bears the male gametes, but is
not itself a gamete.
Kath Archer

More information about the Plant-ed mailing list