The hunt for allelopathic plants

Beverly Brown bjbrown at NAZ.EDU
Sat Sep 11 14:59:40 EST 1999

I am setting up a lab from Vodopich and Moore.  We are going to test
plants for allelopathic potential.  The technique is to grind up plants
in a blender, put the slurry in a sterile petri dish and see if radish
seeds will sprout or not.  The manual does not suggest any species to
use.  Can anyone suggest potentially allelopathic species which I could
locate in and around Rochester, NY?

Thanks loads!

Beverly J. Brown, Ph.D.                Phone:  716-389-2555
Nazareth College of Rochester       Fax:      716-586-2452
Biology Department                      E-mail: bjbrown at
4245 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618-3790