change address

Jon Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Mon Sep 13 09:03:41 EST 1999

>Please change the address at which I receive the plant ed list from
>lhgildensoph at stkate.edu to lgildensoph at wells.edu.  Alternatively,
>please send me
>the instructions for doing this myself.  Thanks.

Since this situation is not uncommon I'll explain what I know to the group.

If you anticipate that your address will change, you must send an
unsubscribe message from the OLD address and then re-subscribe from
the NEW address.  If you can no longer log-on from the old address,
ask your local e-mail support staff to log-on from that address and
send the following message for you.  I could ask the BIOSCI
administrators to do it by hand, but they have plenty of other things
to do...

To change your subscription status automatically, send your commands to:
	biosci-server at net.bio.net

The command to send is either:
	unsubscribe plant-ed
	end
or
	subscribe plant-ed
	end

The "end" is necessary if you have a signature file so as not to
confuse the server.  A subject isn't necessary.  If you have problems
contact me directly at  monroejd at jmu.edu  rather than sending your
question to the group.

I just noticed that the "BIOSCI/bionet miniFAQ & Fundraiser" we
recently received has a "last revision date" of 14-AUG-99.  I'm not
sure if it is significantly different from the previous 1995 version,
but have a look at it if you have questions.

Jon

  Jonathan D. Monroe           Associate Professor
  Department of Biology       office: 540-568-6649
  MSC 7801                       lab: 540-568-6045
  James Madison University       fax: 540-568-3333
  Harrisonburg, VA 22807   email: monroejd at jmu.edu
  http://csm.jmu.edu/biology/monroejd/jmonroe.html