The hunt for allelopathic plants

Starbuck pmdlandarch at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 16 13:24:57 EST 1999

>>>I am setting up a lab from Vodopich and Moore.  We are going to test
plants for allelopathic potential.  The technique is to grind up plants
in a blender, put the slurry in a sterile petri dish and see if radish
seeds will sprout or not.  The manual does not suggest any species to
use.  Can anyone suggest potentially allelopathic species which I could
locate in and around Rochester, NY?<<<

Dr. Kim Coder, University of Georgia, has a wonderful article on alleopathy
in the June, 1999 issue of Arborist News, including methods of alleopathy
and a list of species.

Go to the International Society of Arboriculture web site

http://www.ag.uiuc.edu/~isa/

--
To respond via email remove the "X" from the address.