Faculty Positions

Carl Johnson carl.h.johnson at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Sep 24 15:30:09 EST 1999

--============_-1273917851==_ma============

Dear Plant Biologists,
	I would like to draw your attention to the following
advertisement--in particular, the one for a Molecular Geneticist--that will
appear in Science and Nature. The Biology and Molecular Biology departments
at Vanderbilt are fusing into a new Department of Biological Sciences, and
part of that fusion entails the construction of a new building that will
include a state-of-the-art greenhouse.
	While the advertisement does not specifically identify plant
cell/molecular biology as a subject area for the Molecular Geneticist
position, it is an area in which our department has agreed to hire.
Therefore, plant molecular geneticists have a shot at the Molecular
Geneticist position advertised below.
	Please look at our website (listed in the ad below), and if you are
interested, apply!
	Best wishes,
	Carl Johnson
	Vanderbilt University

	Faculty Positions

The Department of Biological Sciences at Vanderbilt University, which is
being formed through the integration of the Department of Biology and the
Department of Molecular Biology, seeks candidates to fill two faculty
positions.  The position in Molecular Genetics is rank-open, tenured or
tenure track. We are especially interested in candidates with research
interests in replication, repair, recombination, RNA processing, cell cycle
regulation, translation, or protein targeting.  The position in
Neurobiology is a tenure-track position at the level of assistant
professor.  We are particularly interested in candidates working on
cellular or molecular aspects of neurobiology, such as behavior, biological
rhythms, learning and memory, or signal transduction.  The central criteria
for both positions are excellence in research and the ability to teach
effectively at undergraduate and graduate levels.  For information about
the Department and Vanderbilt, visit our Web site at
http://www.vanderbilt.edu.  Women and minority candidates are especially
encouraged to apply.  Applicants should send a letter of application
together with a curriculum vitae and a statement of current and future
research interests to the appropriate search committee: Molecular Genetics
Search Committee  or  Neurobiology Search Committee, Vanderbilt University,
Box 1820 Station B, Nashville, TN 37235 U.S.A.  Junior faculty applicants
should also arrange for three letters of  recommendation to be sent to the
same address.  Senior faculty applicants (molecular genetics search) should
provide a list of references who would be willing to provide letters on
request.  Review of applications will begin in mid-October and will
continue until the positions are filled.  Vanderbilt University is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
[...]

<bold>Molecular Genetics</bold> is rank-open, tenured or tenure track.
We are especially interested in candidates with research interests in
replication, repair, recombination, RNA processing, cell cycle
regulation, translation, or protein targeting.  The position in
<bold>Neurobiology</bold> is a tenure-track position at the level of
assistant professor.  We are particularly interested in candidates
working on cellular or molecular aspects of neurobiology, such as
behavior, biological rhythms, learning and memory, or signal
transduction.  The central criteria for both positions are excellence
in research and the ability to teach effectively at undergraduate and
graduate levels.  For information about the Department and Vanderbilt,
visit our Web site at http://www.vanderbilt.edu.  Women and minority
candidates are especially encouraged to apply.  Applicants should send
a letter of application together with a <italic>curriculum
vitae</italic> and a statement of current and future research interests
to the appropriate search committee:<bold> Molecular Genetics Search
Search Committee</bold>, <bold>Vanderbilt University, Box 1820 Station
B, Nashville, TN 37235 U.S.A.</bold>  Junior faculty applicants should
also arrange for three letters of  recommendation to be sent to the
same address.  Senior faculty applicants (molecular genetics search)
should provide a list of references who would be willing to provide
letters on request.  Review of applications will begin in mid-October
and will continue until the positions are filled.  <italic>Vanderbilt
University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer.</italic>