Important question re: venus fly traps

Brian Fistler bmfist at netins.net
Wed Apr 26 17:39:04 EST 2000

Yes, the Venus Flytrap CAN digest meat, HOWEVER, feeding the flytrap
pieces of meat will OFTEN simply result in the meat becoming moldy, and
killing the plant.

The flytrap is designed to eat insects that have less moisture than a
piece of beef, and 2nd the insects, when caught, will move around trying
to escape, which in turn triggers the traps to close more tightly around
the insect, and actually stimulate the digestive process.  Without this
additional movement, the trap will actually think that it as "missed"
the insect, or that it has escaped, and simply open up a couple days
later, leading to the mold & disease problems.

Brian

In article <8dr43o$pk4$1 at slb6.atl.mindspring.net>,
faunmaster at NOSPAM.xiv.4mg.com says...