Pyracantha that seems to be dying

PWB pwb at veriomail.com
Sun Aug 6 09:45:21 EST 2000

I have a Pyracantha that seems to be dying.  I bought it a few months
ago and transplanted it to a larger pot.  Even though I cut the upper
portion which was turning brown (and staying brown) -- now the upper
portion (which was the middle portion before the cutting) is also
turning brown.  Is this normal or might I be watering it too much.  I
water it every other day and the soil always looks moist.   I have had
it in direct sunlight and also in partial shade.  Any ideas how to save
my pyracantha?