equipment questions

Nancy Kirkpatrick nkirkpatrick at gw.lssu.edu
Thu Aug 10 14:54:42 EST 2000

Roxanne, Labline has a nice selection of plant growth chambers for a LOT cheaper than Conviron.  We just ordered four 28 cu.ft. models.  They just arrived so I can't tell you how they work yet!  You can view them on their website:www.labline.com/environmental chambers.

Carolina sells a DNA analysis equipment package which you might be interested in.  It includes a gel box, power supply, light box, camera, two micropipets with tips.  I bought this package when I  started out five years ago.  Each year since then I have purchased another gel box and another set of pipettes.  I now have enough for every student lab group of four to run their own gel.  Oh, I also purchased another power supply along the way.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Nancy Kirkpatrick, Ph.D.
Lake Superior State University
Biology Dept.