Far-red light box

Artus, Nancy N. nartus at wcupa.edu
Wed Aug 16 16:05:56 EST 2000

Fluorescent  bulbs do not have adequate far-red output.  My understanding is
that one should use four 100 W incadescent bulbs.  That's going to make the
box really hot.   Can the box be ventilated without letting outside light
in?  What is the best way to suspend a glass pan of water between the lights
and the filter?
Nancy
West Chester University