Far-red light box

Robinson, Dr. David drobinson at bellarmine.edu
Thu Aug 17 09:54:15 EST 2000

A cheap way to make a far-red-rich environment is to use incandescent bulbs
filtered by a combination of both red filters and blue filters (the blue
filter removes the red light and vice versa).....this greatly reduces the
amount of light passing through but does enrich the far-red. I have had good
results with this on the lettuce seed germination experiment....but I have
also had failures with it.

Dave Robinson, Bellarmine University, Kentucky