Far-red light box

"KONING,ROSS E. Biology KONING at easternct.edu
Fri Aug 18 08:48:21 EST 2000

Hi Janice!

No, standard fluorescent sources do not have
phosphors that emit in the FR range. It is
conceivable that there could be a "special"
fluorescent lamp that DOES have the right
phosphor, but it would no doubt be a custom
item and therefore expensive. If such a tube
exists, I haven't heard of it.

ross

Ross Koning                 | koning at easternct.edu
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA   | fax: 860-465-4479

Electronic services composed and served from Macintosh hardware.