rootless Aloe

Colin Mitchell Beier cbeier at
Tue Aug 22 16:16:20 EST 2000

while it is a monocot, it is a desert succulent (physiologically) which can
ocassionaly mean it has a taproot-like root system, such as agave.  its not
a true taproot, but similar.  i know that aloes form "pups" but eventually,
an individual plant needs to form its own roots, even if there are very

news:39A2ADEC.8AEA0647 at