grafting a plant !!??!!??

Tue Dec 19 08:32:18 EST 2000

Hi Gary,

Indeed the process you describe is easily done
with willow twigs and forsythia twigs.  It is simply
rooting a stem cutting of a plant...a kind of vegetative
(asexual) propagation (cloning).  It is not grafting.
Grafting is the joining of a twig (or bud) of one plant
(the scion) to the stem of a different plant (the stock).

If you have questions about either process, I'm happy
to try to answer them either on-list or off-list.

Ross E. Koning, PhD
Professor of Biology - Goddard Hall
Eastern Connecticut State University
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA
Pager: (860)-744-2705 (leave return number at beep)
Office: (860)-465-5327
Home: (860)-423-9724
Email: koning at