one-year faculty replacement position at Alfred University

Debbie Letham dld4 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 5 21:52:24 EST 2000

Although this job posting is broader than the plant group, I know that many
of you are qualified to teach these courses.  Alfred University is a
wonderful school.  Please feel free to email me general questions about
Alfred. Email Dr. Bowden with specific questions about the postion.
Debbie Letham

>From: "Bowden, Brad" <fbowden at alfred.edu>
>To: dld4 at cornell.edu (Deborah L Dormady Letham)
>Cc: "Bowden, Brad" <fbowden at alfred.edu>
>Subject: advertisement for one-year faculty replacement at Alfred Universi
>	ty
>Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 13:36:55 -0400
>
>Deb, following is the advertisement for the one-year replacement.  Encourage
>potential candidates to send their materials ASAP.  Also, candidates are
>welcome to call me (607-871-2205 - day) or email
>me (fbowden at alfred.edu) if they have questions.  This position is an excellent
>opportunity to apply for a permanent position which we will advertise in the
>fall.  We will also be advertising a second permanent position in the fall -
>that person should also have a background in cell and molecular biology, and
>will probably be directed toward a specialty in something like
>neuroembryology.  Not decided yet.  Please call or email if you have any
>questions.  Brad Bowden
>

>> Biology:  Alfred University seeks applications for a temporary, one-year
>> position in cell and molecular biology beginning fall semester 2000.  The
>> successful candidate may apply for an anticipated tenure-track position to
>> be filled for fall 2001.  Candidates with a Ph.D. (ABD considered) and a
>> strong commitment to undergraduate teaching in a liberal arts setting are
>> encouraged to apply.  Major responsibilities include teaching a sophomore
>> cell biology course and a microbiology course in the fall, and a course in
>> biochemistry and a second course to be decided, in the spring.  Send
>> letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, and a list
>> of at least three professional references with telephone numbers to: Lori
>> Yardman, Alfred University, Alfred, NY 14802.  Formal review of
>> applications will begin June 23, 2000 and continue until the position is
>> filled.  AA/EOE.

Deborah Lee Dormady Letham, PhD
Rm 140 U.S. Plant, Soil and Nutrition Lab
Tower Road, Ithaca, NY 14853
(607)255-5116
(607)255-1132 fax
dld4 at cornell.edu