Request info on plants for undergrad project

taguebwREMOVE at taguebwREMOVE at
Tue Jun 6 08:22:18 EST 2000

Dear plant edder's,

I'm looking for suggestions on plants for an undergraduate project. I am
interested in plants that have the following properties:

1) Relatively easy to grow in growth chambers, greenhouse (small, fast
generation time (<~year), growth in standard potting mixtures)

2) Self-fertilizing

3) Produces lots of seed (~1000/plant or more)

4) Can obtain seeds (commercial, Kew, or other source)

We have been using Arabidopsis thaliana and some of its cruciferous
relatives; we'd like to branch out into other families.

Any help is much appreciated.

My 2 electrons,

Remove "REMOVE" to reply