plant called ALBA

hitman rspicerGARBAGEMAIL at
Fri Mar 3 21:12:19 EST 2000

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000 06:19:36 -0500, "Stephen Jankalski"
<CEREOID at> wrote:

>Raphiolepis is a genus of flowering shrubs in the Rosaceae.
>There are many plants with the epithet "Alba". It is Latin for white.
>There is no Raphiolepis alba. The epithet was probably used to denote a
>white flowered cultivar of another species. Where did you find the name?
It was on a tag attached to the plant but the nursery didn't have any
info on it. I went to another nursey who said it's Indian Hawthorn.
Does this seem correct and make sense?
The more you own the more you have to fix!
Lin and Ron
Sebastian Fl, formerly NJ
(Maplewood, Neptune, Bricktown[Laurelton], Toms River)

to E-Mail remove GARBAGEMAIL from address