Matters that matter

J. Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Mon Mar 6 16:27:07 EST 2000

Plant-eders,

I am REALLY impressed with the time people are taking to contribute
to this evolving thread.  Keep them coming!  As for what to do with
it all, I hope someone will follow Lee Hadden's suggestion, seconded
by Bill Purves, and volunteer to construct an archive on the web.  It
wouldn't need to be very fancy.  Perhaps the first iteration could
simply be a listing of ideas on a single page.  If the list gets too
long then break them up into related topics and link them together.
I think it would be a good idea to keep a name and e-mail address
with each entry so one could go to the source with questions.  Put a
request for more ideas on the page so others not on Plant-ed could
add to it.  Now that I think of it, I'll send instructions on
subscribing to Plant-ed to add to the page.  Once it is up, send the
URL to the webmasters at BSA, ASPP (others?), and us, of course, and
see what happens!

If someone has the time and energy and wants to do this, let us all
know so we don't duplicate effort.

Thanks!!

Jon
   Jonathan D. Monroe           Associate Professor
   Department of Biology       office: 540-568-6649
   MSC 7801                       lab: 540-568-6045
   James Madison University       fax: 540-568-3333
   Harrisonburg, VA 22807   email: monroejd at jmu.edu
   http://csm.jmu.edu/biology/monroejd/jmonroe.html