recommendations re: student microscopes?

Elaine Radwanski elaine1 at
Fri Mar 10 10:40:23 EST 2000

Help! I have been given the go-ahead to order compound microscopes and, of course, must have the order written up right
after our Spring Break (which starts this afternoon). My preference is for binocular compound scopes, despite the hefty
price, but I am NOT a microscopist and would very much appreciate any information that you are willing to share. Many
thanks. I have already benefited greatly from the generousity of the plant-ed community:  your detailed information and
advice have smoothed my first years as an Assistant Prof (THE plant scientist) at a small college.
Elaine Radwanski
Biology Department
Carthage College
Kenosha, WI