photosynthetic CO2 sources

arron kcchin at pacific.net.sg
Sat Mar 11 09:31:29 EST 2000

,
> I am coming to a quandry that has bugged me for a few years.

Your quandry is surely interesting. It is also contageous. Now,I have to  wonder
how I could come through a biology course without even knowing or thinking about
this problem.
For leaves not to be burnt out by the hot sun, it must transpire substancially,
and for it to transpire there must be a stream of gaseous water molecules
streaming out at a pretty fast rate. CO2 in the atmosphere is 0.03% which does
not create much of a conc gradient/diffusion gradient even against 0.00%...So
how is it that each evening we can test for stored starch so convincingly.
Non of the books I ever did read even mentioned this.
I suppose that since our test for starch is positive, therefore CO2 does enters
the plant.

Point is..... maybe our education is not too Scientific.