photosynthesis lab

Douglas Jensen doug.jensen at Converse.edu
Tue Mar 14 14:13:18 EST 2000

Ross Koning wrote:
[snip]

> ....There are some other stains
> that will color starch...a purple one I recall from
> grad-school days...but I don't remember what it was now,
> and I am ashamed to say I never bought a copy of Sass...
> If you do find out what other dyes work for starch, I'd
> love to know. [more snips]

I quickly checked both Sass and Johanson, and neither has another indexed
test for starch (of course, I didn't read the whole books!).  There are tests
for a variety of other carbohydrates, but I think these are mostly for
monosaccharides and disaccharides, such as Benedict's test.
Doug

--
Douglas P. Jensen
Assistant Professor of Biology