C3/C4 and starch

david walker david at alegba.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 05:06:02 EST 2000

Back in the dark days (1983) Gerry Edwards and I wrote a text called C3,C4
which was published by Blackwells (ISBN 0-632-00757-5). On the cover there
was a picture of 2 leaves stained with iodine after the chlorophyll had been
removed. One was the leaf of a C3 Atriplex, the other a C4 Atriplex. Sadly,
Blackwells failed to say what the cover was about although it would be
immediately obvious to plant-ed readers which was which. Even more sadly, it
is so long ago that I have forgotten the specific names of the two Atriplex
species that we used but I will ask Gerry and no doubt, we shall attempt to
remedy all of Blackwells failings when we attempt a new edition of C3,C4
next year. In the meantime I will be happy to send a pdf of the said cover
to anyone who cares to ask for one.

David

 http://www.daw.exl.co.uk/