faculty interviews

Wilson Crone cronewil at hvcc.edu
Tue Mar 28 11:38:07 EST 2000

I also interviewed at institutions where I lectured as part of ongoing classes.
I could see that students were filling out sheets with a few questions--mostly
yea or nea items, from what I could tell.  "Would you like this candidate as a
faculty member" was one of the questions.  Here at HVCC, there's some kind of
restriction for lecturing in a class (work that would need to be compensated, or
something like that), so that we have tenure-track applicants do a
classroom-like presentation for the committee.  It's not the same thing, but
(hopefully), it gives a sense of classroom demeanor.  If I had more of a say, I
think that an actual class lecture, with all of the candidates lecturing in the
same course (so that the student population stays the same), is a useful
addition to the formal job seminar.   Bill Crone, HVCC Biology

Wilson Crone
Assistant Professor
Department of Biology
Hudson Valley Community College