Organismal Diversity Textbook

David W. Kramer kramer.8 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 29 17:23:38 EST 2000

Our Animal Diversity course at Ohio State is being converted to an
Organismal Diversity course by adding the fungi and plants.  We have been
using Hickman, Roberts, and Larson's  Animal Diversity 2/e (McGraw-Hill)
for the Animal Diversity course.  Now we need a text for the fungi and
plants part.

Please give me your suggestions for a plant diversity text [OR] for a book
on organismal diversity that would include all organisms.

I have already talked with McGraw-Hill about the possibility of having them
bind just the diversity chapters from the Moore, et al. botany text or the
diversity chapters from the Kingsley Stern Botany text.  Looks like either
might be a possibility but I would still appreciate your suggestions.  The
course will enroll about 100-120 students per quarter and will be offered
all three quarters.
David W. Kramer, Ph.D.
Asst. Prof. of Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology
Ohio State University at Mansfield
1680 University Drive
Mansfield, OH  44906-1547
Phone:  (419) 755-4344      FAX:  (419) 755-4367
e-mail:  kramer.8 at osu.edu