Jade plant is 25 years old...

Susan Schenk sschenk at jsd.claremont.edu
Wed May 3 18:11:01 EST 2000

May I ask why you want to prune the plant? Generally, growth is slow and
naturally attractive. It will look terrible for a long time if it is
pruned very much (I pass a bed of these every week that is just
beginning to recover from a severe pruning two years ago. It will not
look good for several more years). If the plant is too large for the
pot, you might consider dividing it or removing entire stems and potting
them up. They root very easily (allow cut ends to dry for a few days
first).
Good luck.
Sue Schenk