forensic botany

jperry at uwc.edu jperry at uwc.edu
Thu May 11 13:38:06 EST 2000

I believe the first step would to become a broadly educated botanist, with a
lot of coursework in taxonomy, biogeography, and plant anatomy. My major
professor has done a bit of work in this field, serving as an expert witness
in a baby food (!) litigation. He's a plant anatomist.

It's unclear to me what role molecular biology is playing in forensic
botany, but I would imagine these modern techniques are becoming more
important.

jim