sex determination in plants

Jeff Shimonski tropica1 at
Fri Nov 10 18:18:34 EST 2000

Dioecy seems to be most common in tropical areas and in stressful or
habitats. The flowers are most likely to be pollinated by insects. There is
a paper
published in Biotropica, September 2000, "Variation in Gender and
Dimorphism in the Dioecious Tree Dombeya ciliata, an Endemic to La Reunion
The paper also provides a good list of references .

Regards, Jeff

news:Pine.GSO.4.21.0011091950490.26255-100000 at