sex determination in plants

Jeff Shimonski tropica1 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 10 18:18:34 EST 2000

Dioecy seems to be most common in tropical areas and in stressful or
depauperate
habitats. The flowers are most likely to be pollinated by insects. There is
a paper
published in Biotropica, September 2000, "Variation in Gender and
Flower-Size
Dimorphism in the Dioecious Tree Dombeya ciliata, an Endemic to La Reunion
Island".
The paper also provides a good list of references .

Regards, Jeff
http://www.tropicaldesigns.com

news:Pine.GSO.4.21.0011091950490.26255-100000 at login.ice.mtu.edu...